“I have experienced the pains of traditional CAD, the frustration of checking in and out enormous files, time-consuming updates, and the dreaded backwards incompatibility problem. Simply put, using Onshape doesn’t give me headaches.”
Bard Johansen, BLJ Engineering
“Not having to worry about CAD installation, updates or patches feels like being able to drive a car around while someone else is automatically taking care of all the maintenance.”
Ravishankar Kalvai, Marsun Technologies, Inc.
“I don’t think there’s anything I’ve come across in day-to-day that Onshape can’t do. Especially now with all this SW crashing, Onshape is coming to the rescue.”
Micki Dupnik, Vivonics, Inc.
“I try to get my clients to migrate to Onshape all the time. I love that there’s no dedicated computer or server required, no need for a PDM system and that Onshape always saves all my work, all the time!”
Bob Barry, Nova Product Design, LLC
“Onshape’s sharing, collaboration and control abilities are revolutionary. It’s easy to share documents with suppliers, and data management is now much less of a headache. This also saves us local storage and backup demand. No more lost files and broken links!”
Alex Buys, Gabler Medical
parametric 3D modeling
As the creators of SOLIDWORKS®, the founders of Onshape have rebuilt CAD with everything you need, without the hassles you don’t.
- Robust parametric 3D modeling and associative 2D drawings.
- Top-down design with multi-part modeling and in-context editing.
- Robust curves and surfacing tools for organic shapes.
- Sheet metal with simultaneous folded, flat, and table views.
- Built-in tools for creating custom features.
- Onshape App Store add-ons for simulation, rendering, CAM, standard content, and more.
No license keys.
Without VAR middlemen and with self-provisioning, you can get everyone working on the same CAD system and the same CAD data, instantly.
- Access your CAD data and model parts from any modern web browser or iOS/Android phones and tablets.
- No downloads, installs, license keys, or service packs.
- No compatibility issues - everyone has the latest version.
- Instantly add or revoke access privileges when teams change, protecting your data.
Zero PDM hassles.
Old CAD systems store data in files that restrict access to one person at a time. Onshape stores CAD data in a secure cloud workspace.
- Eliminate the need for servers, file backups, and other hidden IT costs.
- Leverage the unmatched security and reliability of globally distributed cloud data centers.
- Avoid the hassles of locked files and check-in/check-out with integrated data management and version control.
- Transition quickly from your old CAD system by easily importing and translating data.
- See design changes made by all other users, instantly.
- Explore designs conflict-free thanks to branching and merging.
Unprecedented control and security
Intellectual property stored in old CAD files is always at risk. Using a secure cloud workspace gives you complete control over your data with no files to manage - ever.
- Share your CAD data with only the permissions needed.
- Monitor access to your CAD data.
- Change or revoke access at any time.
- See who changed what, when.
- Compare and restore any prior state of a design.
- Simultaneously view and edit CAD data.
Amazing support without the middleman
Get help directly from our CAD experts using cloud-based support tools.
- Paid users get direct, unlimited support from seasoned CAD pros.
- Free monthly updates deliver rapid fixes and enhancements.
- Create and monitor support tickets directly.
- Ramp up fast with flexible, robust training courses.
- Access comprehensive documentation and active community forums.