Our global community is currently facing many environmental challenges including the management of waste and recycling, the impact of droughts, increased weather events, and the devastation of our natural ecosystems.
PTC and the REC Foundation have teamed up to create a virtual design challenge to encourage the engineers of tomorrow to think about how they can help to tackle these problems.
For this challenge, participants from around the world will use Onshape - a web-based CAD system used by professionals and available free to students and educators.
Participants will also utilize the VEX V5 competition super kit of parts in Onshape, in order to design a robot that can help aid in the recovery of our precious ecosystems and start changing the world!
Rules and Guidelines:
- The entry must be created and produced solely by the individual and/or team members listed on the submission.
- Each user can be named on only one submission.
- You may only use components from the VEX V5 superkit or parts modeled in Onshape by the user or group that is submitting to the competition.
- Submissions will be judged and scored based on the criteria in the judging rubric shared below.
- All submitted documents must be made public or shared via link sharing.
- You must include a PDF writeup of the challenge your team solved and a description of how your model is a solution. This may be up to three pages and should be included as a tab in the Onshape document. A template is in the example document linked below.