To reduce miscommunication, re-work, and friction between designers and manufacturers, it is important that both parties be on the same page from prototype to production. The good news is that cloud technology can help bridge this gap and put an end to the constant fire drills.
Using Onshape’s cloud-native CAD, both designers and manufacturers can:
- Retrieve, access, and share the latest design information instantly
- Have confidence that everyone is relying on a single source of design truth
- Collaborate in real time or asynchronously on a project
- Have better insights into each other’s processes
- Shorten their product’s time-to-market by automating repetitive design tasks
When developers can dedicate more time and resources towards designing new products or improving on existing ones, the results are a better quality product, higher customer satisfaction, and increased revenue.