Break Free from SOLIDWORKS® Workgroup PDM with Onshape
It’s time to rethink your data management strategy. DS SOLIDWORKS® is discontinuing support for Workgroup PDM this year, forcing users to migrate to more complex and expensive solutions.
What does this mean for SOLIDWORKS Workgroup PDM users?
- Different vault formats mean incompatibility between systems. Your critical CAD data must be extracted from one system and imported into another. Only a SOLIDWORKS reseller can do this, subjecting users to high costs and risks to data on import.
- Be prepared for a huge time commitment with long, drawn-out data migration processes, training and implementation.
- Want non-CAD users to access your design data? You’ll have to purchase additional PDM Professional licenses.
Don’t let SOLIDWORKS hold your CAD files hostage - it’s time to upgrade to truly modern CAD.
It's Time For Full-Cloud Onshape
For more information about Onshape visit our product tour.
As the first and only full-cloud 3D CAD system, Onshape eliminates the headaches of traditional CAD, PDM and file management:
- No downloads, installs or service pack updates
- No expensive workstations
- No costly IT infrastructure or PDM software
Onshape works similarly to SOLIDWORKS. With the ability to import SOLIDWORKS data, it’s easy for users to migrate to a modern 3D CAD solution.
Streamline your design process, experience true real-time collaboration, and be in control of your design data at all times. Get started with Onshape’s Free Plan today!
– Theo Cerboneschi, Inboard
– Brock Brandenberg, Klevr