Cloud CAD is Better CAD.
Design, version, and share parts, assemblies, and drawings from anywhere for less than your legacy CAD maintenance fees.
REIMAGINED PARAMETRIC 3D MODELING
As the creators of SOLIDWORKS®, the founders of Onshape have reimagined CAD for the cloud era:
- Robust parametric 3D modeling and associative 2D drawings.
- Top-down design with multi-part modeling and in-context editing.
- Robust curves and surfacing tools for organic shapes.
- Sheet metal with simultaneous folded, flat, and table views.
- Built-in tools for creating custom features.
- Onshape App Store add-ons for simulation, rendering, CAM, standard content, and more.
ANYWHERE ACCESS. NO LICENSE KEYS.
Get everyone working on the same CAD system and the same CAD data, instantly:
- Access your CAD data and model parts from any cross-platform web browser or iOS/Android phones and tablets.
- No downloads, installs, license keys, or service packs.
- No compatibility issues - everyone has the latest version.
- Instantly add or revoke access privileges when teams change, protecting your data.
ZERO FILES. ZERO PDM HASSLES.
Legacy CAD systems store data in files that can only be used by one person at a time. Onshape stores CAD data in a database:
- Discard the need for servers, file backups, and other hidden IT costs.
- Everyone sees design changes made by all other users, instantly.
- Branching and merging allows conflict-free design exploration.
- No more hassles with locked files and check-in/check-out.
- Integrated data management and version control.
- Easy import and translation of legacy CAD data.
UNPRECEDENTED CONTROL AND SECURITY
Maintain control of your data while getting more people involved, without slowing down the design process:
- Give collaborators limited, revocable access to designs.
- Simultaneously edit parts and assemblies for rapid product development.
- See who changed what in the design and when.
- Compare and restore to any prior state of the design.
- Set, change or revoke individual permissions at any time.
- Get notifications when users share, comment or version.
AMAZING SUPPORT WITHOUT THE MIDDLEMAN
Get fast answers directly from Onshape experts - with no additional charges:
- Paid users get unlimited support from seasoned CAD pros.
- Free monthly updates deliver rapid fixes and enhancements.
- Create and monitor support tickets directly.
- Ramp up fast with self-paced and live virtual training courses.
- Access comprehensive documentation and active community forums.
Bard Johansen, BLJ Engineering
I have experienced the pains of traditional CAD, the frustration of checking in and out enormous files, time-consuming updates, and the dreaded backwards incompatibility problem. Simply put, using Onshape doesn’t give me headaches.
Ravi Kalvai, Marsun Technologies
Not having to worry about CAD installation, updates or patches feels like being able to drive a car around while someone else is automatically taking care of all the maintenance, while also continuing to enhance its performance.
Alex Buys, Gabler Medical
Onshape’s sharing, collaboration and control abilities are revolutionary. It’s easy to share documents with suppliers, and data management is now much less of a headache. This also saves us local storage and backup demand. No more lost files and broken links!
Nick Ambrogi, Grove
The number one thing for us as a startup is that we need to be fast, and it was immediately clear to us that it would be faster to use Onshape.
Bob Barry, Nova Product Design
I try to get my clients to migrate to Onshape all the time. I love that there’s no dedicated computer or server required, no need for a PDM system and that Onshape always saves all my work, all the time!
Mitch Free, ZYCI
I used to have to wait to get back to my office and open up the file only on the computer I had the license for... Now it doesn’t matter if I’m on my home computer, my laptop while I’m traveling, my office computer or the computer on the shop floor. I can log in and immediately discuss a part no matter where I am.
Jim Christian, Avatech
I’m usually in Utah and being able to actually look at models together with our mechanical engineer in Massachusetts has been huge for us. We get on the phone together and can get into the same part and start spinning it around and hiding and showing different elements of the product.
Michael Topolovac, Crave
I like Dropbox, but it’s just not designed as a global CAD vault. Onshape just feels a lot safer. It’s like if I kept all my money in a mattress in a bad neighborhood or I chose to put it in the bank.
Dries Vervoort, Stelrad
Onshape makes you more productive with your design time. I can work with teammates or customers directly on the same model at the same time – and we can be far more efficient because their feedback is immediate and they can see my changes as I make them.